Wednesday, May 12, 2010

There's something strange about Strawberry Danish


This Strawberry Danish from Simplylife café at IFC has become one of my comfort food.

The custard and cheese fillings provide a rich and sophisticated taste to the pastry, plus the standing strawberries at the top make the whole thing look very refreshing.

The café also serves Danish with other toppings like apricot, pear and apple. Not bad but still cannot compare with this Strawberry Danish.

I suppose other customers share the same thought. That’s why even on weekday evenings they are always sold out before I reach the café.

But then my friend suggests me a strange hypothesis: you can surely grab one Strawberry Danish on the day when the stock market drops.

Even stranger is that this hypothesis happens to be true…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the color red is associated with happiness...?
And the smell of strawberry is special... other fruits smell sweet as well, but strawberry is just...different :)

CC

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Petite Dada said...

I think having color red is one thing. but how the strawberries are placed really matters... I have seen strawberry danish in Citysuper's bakery. Their price even more expensive, but the strawberries lay flat, and probably they got some jam on top, so whole thing look a bit sticky...